We Help You Save Energy Today For A Brighter Tomorrow
APFC with Harmonic Filters
Power Factor Correction and Harmonic Filtering systems
In an electric power system, a load with a low power factor draws more current than a load with a high power factor for the same amount of useful power transferred. The higher currents increase the energy lost in the distribution system, and require larger wires and other equipment. Because of the costs of larger equipment and wasted energy, electrical utilities will usually charge a higher cost to industrial or commercial customers where there is a low power factor.
Linear loads with low power factor (such as induction motors can be corrected with a passive network of capacitors, inductors. Non-linear loads, such as, distort the current drawn from the system. In such cases, active or passive power factor correction may be used to counteract the distortion and raise the power factor. The devices for correction of the power factor may be at a central substation, spread out over a distribution system, or built into power-consuming equipment.
Advantages of Power Factor Correction
- Avoid P.F penalty imposed by electricity board due to poor power factor.
- Reduction of M.D. (KVA demand), thereby reduced bill and increased capacity.
- Awail P.F. rebate on demand & energy charges in elect bill upto 7.5 %.
- Reduced load current, distribution losses, heating of transformers & cables.
- Increased service life of all electrical equipments in the plant.
- Shortest payback period on investment – from 2 to 18 months.
Advantages of Harmonic filtering
- Reduction in overheating of transformers (k-factor), switchgears, motors and cables
- Reduction in failure of PFC capacitors, PLCs, motors, transformers and cables
- Lesser current in neutral conductors
- Prevention of mal-operation of electronic equipments and cards
- No errors in energy meters, counters, PLCs and other sensitive equipments
- No production downtime, thus increased profitability for the industry
- Avoid nuisance tripping of breakers, fuses and protection relays.
We manufacture and offer
- Automatic Power Factor Correction panels
- Thyristor switched RTPFC panels
- Detuned Harmonic Filter reactors
- Thyristor switched modules for Capacitor
- APFC controllers
- Active Harmonic filters
- Harmonic Study, Analysis & solutions